Big Image Ltd Terms and Conditions
1. It is the responsibility of the event organiser to make guests/competitors/visitors aware that there will be a photographer attending the event and that photographs may be published on the Big Image Ltd website. Unless notified in advance in writing by the Event Organiser, Big Image Ltd is entitled to assume that all guests/competitors/visitors attending the event have consented to being photographed and to those photographs being published on the internet.
2. If a customer is unhappy with a particular photograph being published on this site, they must notify Big Image Ltd by email giving details of the image and its location on the website. The image will be removed as soon as is practicable.
3. Big Image Ltd owns the exclusive copyright for all photographs taken by its photographers and those photographs contained within this site; no photographs are within the public domain. Prints are sold for display purposes only; ownership of a print does not constitute ownership of copyright.
4. All prices shown are inclusive of VAT where applicable and delivery is specified where appropriate. Big Image Ltd reserves the right to amend prices at any time.
5. All prints are securely packaged to limit damage in transit. Big Image Ltd does not accept responsibility for goods damaged in transit. However, in the interest of good customer service, we reserve the right to replace damaged goods at our discretion.
6. Bookings will be confirmed by email by Big Image Ltd. Where no charge is made for attending an event or photo shoot, Big Image Ltd reserves the right to charge for travelling and out of pocket expenses in circumstances where the event is cancelled and Big Image Ltd does not receive sufficient notice of such cancellation to enable them to make alternative arrangements.
7. The images displayed on the website have been scaled down, and the quality reduced to enable the site to load quickly. The originals are of superior quality. Colours may appear differently on your screen as each photo is 'watermarked' to avoid copying and piracy.
8. Big Image Ltd attends events on the understanding that it will be the sole photographer at the event. The Event Organiser agrees not to permit any other photographer, whether professional or amateur, to take photographs at the event; nor to permit any photo booth to operate at the event without prior consent in writing from Big Image Ltd. The Event Organiser agrees to pay a fee of £500+VAT to Big Image Ltd within seven days of the event if this condition is not adhered to.
9. In the event of traffic or other uncontrollable circumstance preventing the Big Image Ltd from being able to fulfill its contracted obligations the Company's liability shall be limited to a refund of any monies paid in advance in relation to the contracted event, or a pro rata reduction in the agreed fee in the event of a delayed start. No further compensation will be paid irrespective of any loss of earnings.
10. In the event of loss of images through an equipment malfunction or other circumstance beyond its control Big Image Ltd will use all reasonable efforts to retrieve images that have been lost or corrupted from memory cards and/or disk. The Event Organiser accepts that under some circumstances it may be impossible to recover images and in that event the Company's liability shall be limited to a refund of any monies paid in advance in relation to the contracted event, or a reduction in fee to be agreed between the parties.
Some of the best and most memorable photographs we take are those of children. However, we recognise that in today's media driven world, we must exercise a sufficient degree of care and diligence to ensure the safety of the children we photograph, without destroying the joy and wonderment that photos of children create. If you have any concerns about Big Image photographing children under the age of 18 at your event, or of images of children being displayed on the website, please inform us immediately.
Event photographs can be password protected on request, to ensure only authorised persons can view the images on the website. No names or details of the children will be shown on the website, ensuring that the identity of the child is never revealed.
Background checks are carried out on all of our photographers via the Goverment's Disclosure and Barring Service.
Big Image Limited will perform its services in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation ("Data Protection Legislation") and our Child Protection policies, as amended and updated by written communication from time to time.